- Published in The RWR Blog
This is an article that has been in the pipeline for a good deal of time and is long overdue. Every single day we get emails asking "Have you received my watch yet?". We have updated much of what happens in terms of S&H at RWR now that we are in our new facility and I want to clarify a few things that come up all the time.
- We use a receiving service to accept and sign for packages. Doing so allows us several benefits, including:
- We always have someone available to sign for and accept inbound packages daily, during extended business hours, including on the weekends. We keep varying hours at the shop and we are not always here during the day. We are also not here everyday, each one of us sets our own hours. I personally prefer late afternoon through about midnight.
- It allows us a means of digital bookkeeping for received items. We receive a manifest monthly that helps us behind the scenes with things like CS related items and growth metrics.
- It also allows us to handle inbound packages at specific times (see #2 below), freeing up time for other tasks.
- Most importantly, it allows us to pick-up packages outside of normal business hours, which we often do!
- When your tracking number shows that your package has been delivered, it does not mean that we have it in our possession. It means our receiving office has it and it is awaiting pickup. We pickup packages on Tuesday and Friday each week. We DO NOT pickup daily. This means that if your watch arrives on Friday after our pickup, it will be retrieved Tuesday the following week, etc, etc.
- Important: It takes 24-48 hours for a package that was A) delivered to our receiving office AND B) retrieved by RWR on one of package pickup days to actually be accounted for in our online tracking system. This means that until the package is opened, and your customer ID identified and logged into our system, you will not see a change in status. For Friday pickups, this could be Monday or Tuesday the following week.
RWR Offers Free Watch Repair Inspections... Get Started Now!